Sunday, October 10, 2010

Multi Ground School Experience

One thing that I learned in this class is what critical engine really means and what it effects it has on the aircraft if it dies. Before we talked about it in class I kept hearing people talk about the critical engine and how it was usually the left engine on a conventional twin, but I didn't know what that meant or why one engine is more critical than the other. Now I understand why and I know that the seminole that I will by doing my training in does not have a critical engine.

Another thing I learned about in this class is that a twin engine aircraft has different left turning tendencies than a single engine-- like assymetrical slipstream. Also, on a counter rotating twin, left turning tendencies are not really a factor because the props spin in opposite directions.

I enjoyed the multi ground school class. I don't think there is anything I would change. I think we got through all the material fast and efficiently. We didn't spend all day going through power points, and I thought that was nice because that's usually what I expect in a class. The only thing I didn't like about the class was that it started at 8 am, but there's nothing that can be done about that. The class was beneficial because it greatly increased my knowledge about flying multi engine aircraft-- from how it works to important factors to consider.

I liked blogging and I think it did benefit my learning. I liked it because it made me write down my thoughts about whatever I was blogging about and that made me think more critically about what I was reading and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment